Saturday, July 31, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Not forking out the dough for the RWA Conference this year, with evening wear, suits, high heels and whatever "business casual" means?
Not to worry! Romance Divas is hosting the
The Conference You Don't Have to Get Out of Bed For!
From July 28-31, come hang out with some terrific, savvy authors -- and you don't even have to brush your teeth (although, seriously, good dental hygiene gets you extra points.)
We'll be hosting panels on:
The Power of Three: A crit group tell-all (Paranormal)
Dayna Hart/Rowan Larke
The Lolitas of STEAMED! Present Writing the Steampunk Romance -more than leather corsets and brass goggles!
Whips, Chains, Slings, Oh My: It Really Isn’t About the Toys (BDSM Erotica)
The Great Big YA Panel
Register for free at Romance Divas, then come join us on the forums for the discussions, as well as some terrific prizes:
Eden Bradley/Eve Berlin:
1) erotic e-books, THE SEEKING KISS and TEMPT ME TWICE.
2) a synopsis critique in any sub-genre of erotica/erotic romance.
1) erotic e-books, DEVIL'S HEART and BRUSH STROKES.
2) book cover design or banner ad
copy of her e-book, ALL FIRED UP
1) STUPID CUPID YA Book trilogy
2) a proposal critique (1st 3 chapters and synopsis) for any genre of book, romance or not
1) The choice of one of her e-books: PERFECT FORMATION, ALPHA TURNED or BOUND BY SUNLIGHT.
2) A $25 Barnes and Noble gift card.
Robin L. Rotham: Signed copies of BIG TEMPTATION, ALIEN OVERNIGHT, and ENEMY OVERNIGHT
AJ Chase: copies of e-book CAT AND MOUSE
1) e-book package of both MYLA BY MOONLIGHT and SALOME AT SUNRISE
2) The complete Dirty Laundry Series (3 e-novellas) co-written by Ginny Glass aka Wordsugar and Inez Kelley
1) a three chapter ~and~ synopsis critique-any erotic romance, paranormal romance or historical romance.
2) Winners choice, in either print or e-book format (if available), of a set of the Simply series (there are 5) ~or~ a set of the Cowboys (there are 3) ~or~ a copy of KISS OF THE ROSE-readers choice.
Winners choice of any two e-books from her Samhain or Ellora's Cave back list
Critique of 1st chapter & synopsis-paranormal or contemporary romance
Shelley Munro: Winners choice of any one her backlist books from Ellora's Cave or Cerridwen Press
Ciar Cullen: Winner's choice of any one e-book on her website.
Voirey Linger: A copy of her e-book RISKING ETERNITY
1) a submission package critique (letter, synopsis and 3 chapters)
2) e-books! (details TBA)
1) 1st chapter and synopsis critique
2) One copy of any e-book off her Samhain backlist (http://samhainpublis.../crystal-jordan)
3) One copy of IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT (print or electronic, winner's choice)
1) a first chapter critique, any genre
2) an official BUTTERFLY SWORDS souvenir charm
Elise Logan: Winner's choice of any e-book from her backlist
1) A critique of an m/m story
2) Signed copies of her m/m vampire trilogy MY HEART IS WITHIN YOU, HAUNTED BY YOUR SOUL and OUR SACRED BALANCE
One jar of home made body or face scrub, customized to the winner's preferences and skin type.
For example: Orange Spice Oatmeal, Coffee-Cocoa, Citrus Salt, Lavender Mint, Honey and Flax
Sela Carsen: a copy of her e-book CAROLINA WOLF
1) a copy of her sweet fantasy romance ebook, EVERLONG.
2) two five dollar MBaM gift cards
Copy of her two e-books, LOVE TO DECLARE and ROCK STAR'S RETREAT
Cynthia Justlin: (Golden Heart Finalist!) Proposal Critique (3 Chapters and synopsis)-any genre other than erotic
1) signed copies of her contemporary romance, THE TROUBLE WITH TESSA and her chick lit romance COZUMEL KARMA
2) Proposal critique (3 chapters and a synopsis) any genre except Steampunk
Tina Burns-Publisher-Liquid Silver Books:
1) a critique of 1st 3 chapters & synopsis
2) 3 be-book prizes for 3 different winners! Winners choice of any one e-book download from LSB library.
Winner's choice of one e-book from her backlist-see her website for booklist.
Taneasha: handmade jewelry by our own Taneasha-details to come!
1) Winners choice of one e-book from her backlist-see her website for booklist.
2) Critique of up to 20 pages of either M/M, or M/F romance or erotic romance in various subgenres (contemporary, historical, paranormal or suspense/mystery)
A copy of his ebook BEAUTY AND THE BASTARD
3 print books TBA (whatever she finds at the RWA Conference)
Signed copy of SCANDAL SHEET
Jennifer Leeland/Jennifer McKenzie:
1) copy of her e-book MARKED FOR PLEASURE (Kindle version available upon request)
2) copy of her e-book MARKED FOR DESIRE (Releasing June 29th) (Kindle version available upon request)
3) copy of her e-books The Command Series (Trilogy)
4)copy of her BDSM e-book series (3 from TWRP and 1 from Samhain)
1) Critique of novella-length (up to 30k) manuscript; any time period, m/f, menage, f/f (m/m not her area of expertise)
2) signed print copies of her anthology: MATING CALL, DRAGON DANCE and DRAGON BOUND
3) e-book copy of CHANGING THUMBELINA
1) Signed copy of her erotic historical novel, ON THESE SILKEN SHEETS
2) Critique of first thirty pages of any Regency (erotic or non erotic fine, but m/m outside my area of expertise)
1) copy of her e-book The Twilight Deception
2) copy of her e-book The Shadow Unveiled
1) Critique of a synopsis
2) Winner's choice of any e-book from her back list.
1) copy of her e-book SOUL STEALER
2) copy of her e-book CATCH ME IN CASTILE
1 pair of hand made writing mitts or gloves-style and color TBD by the winner
Winner's choice of one copy of any of her books available in e-book format
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Finnegan is one year old today! As you can see, life hasn't always been kind to him, but he's in deep clover now that he lives with us. His turn-ons include eating bugs, chasing golf balls through the house, tromping on his brothers and sleeping on top of daddy. Turn-offs include excessive petting when he'd rather be playing, taking medicine and the vacuum cleaner.
Monday, July 19, 2010
This week is going to be crazy. Like cray-zee. Why? Because it's the week before conference and there is so much to do! Plan out the wardrobe making sure everything is clean and ready to go (that means shoes and accessories too!), map out the schedule so no event is missed, get my hair and nails done, clean the house so it's not a train wreck when I get home, transfer important files to the computer I'll be taking and try to write about 30 some pages. Not to mention the regular stuff like taking care of Hotrod and working out.
How am I going to do all this? The List. I have to make a list and keep it going all week or something will get missed. I live by The List. How about you? How do you keep yourself organized when you're prepping for a big event?
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Friday, July 16, 2010
RWA's 2010 National Conference is little more than a week away. I'm excited to go as this year will hold three new firsts for me.
1. I'll be signing for the first time at the Literacy Signing! Stop by and say hi if you're there.
2. I'll be speaking on a panel about Digital Publishing for the Print Published Author with Shiloh Walker, Tessa Dare and Lindsey Faber (Samhain editor). It takes place Saturday, July 31st at 3:15 in Asia 5, so mark your calendars!
3. I'm a door prize! Part of the PRO retreat includes giving away lunches with published authors in particular genres. I'm the paranormal/UF door prize. (I wonder if I should wear a bow?)
Other than that, I have a myriad of breakfasts, lunches, dinners and gatherings to attend. It'll be a busy, busy week, but seeing all my writing friends, getting to network and filling up on writerly information is so worth it. There's really nothing like Nationals. Will you be there this year?
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
I recently bought myself a subscription to this fabulous magazine and I have to say, if you're writing anything even remotely related to the fantasy genre (scifi and paranormal writers, I'm looking at you), you should be reading this magazine. I wish I hadn't waited so long.
Great articles, great short fiction, thoughtful reviews and a real sense of what's new and happening in the genre.
You can check it out here. Get yourself a subscription. You deserve it.
Monday, July 12, 2010
I need votes! All Fired Up's cover has been nominated for the Best Paranormal/UF Cover for July - http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=27432 I'd love some votes if you're so inclined! Poll is on the sidebar. (I tell you because couldn't find it at first. lol)
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Friday, July 09, 2010
Thursday, July 08, 2010
Wednesday, July 07, 2010
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
* Amazon has it on sale here!
Saturday, July 03, 2010
Friday, July 02, 2010
I thought all day yesterday it was Wednesday. I knew it was July 1st, but it still didn't register. I feel so out of touch.
What have I missed? What news do you have to share? What are you doing for the July 4th weekend? We're having a little cookout, then watching the neighbors set off fireworks way too big for non-commercial consumption. FUN!
Have a safe and happy weekend, whatever you do.
Thursday, July 01, 2010
1. Have you heard that Listerine kills mosquitoes? If you spray it around your outside area, it not only keeps them away for days but kills them too. Anyone know if this actually works?
2. I bought a Kindle yesterday. Yes, I am weak. The price drop and my involvement with Amazon's publishing programs pushed me over the edge.
3. Edits on book 2 are done, except for a final read through in a week or so. I still feel crazed.
4. My inner geek rejoices that Eureka and Warehouse 13 are starting back up soon. Also thrilled to find out there is a new Top Chef show in the works, Top Chef Just Desserts.
5. I'm now down 22.2 pounds. Once I added in more fruits and veggies (and I already ate a lot) my body decided to get off its plateau and lose some more.
And with that, it's back to the grind...