Tuesday, September 27, 2005

And The Beat Goes On...

Wrote my ten pages yesterday but I'm not sure it'll happen today. To much to do. Grocery shopping for one thing, but more importantly, Leslie Kelly (one of my new chapter's members) is doing a book signing at the local B&N, so I'm going to that tonight.

Ah, the life of a writer.

I'm okay with getting fewer pages written today. My pace is good and I'm where I need to be.

What do you do to motivate yourself to write? Do you offer yourself rewards for hitting a certain word court? Do you deny yourself things until you've written the pages you had planned? What do you do?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:13 PM

    I just write. Sometimes I'm so not motivated but I get into it once I've started and sometimes there are just days where I don't get as much done as I hoped, but I'm still fairly satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just write as well. Unless I've got some kind of deadline. I really want to up the output though, get on some kind of schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pick up a book that sucks and realize I could have done it better. That gets my butt in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teri - stop eating!

    Bonnie - I do that too. Some days, one page is the best you can hope for.

    Annalee - you should get one of those word trackers! It really motivates me to see that little graph move.

    Brenda - you're so right. Reading a bad book is enough motivation for days!

    ReplyDelete