Friday, June 09, 2006

And The Winner Is...

I'm really glad I ran this little contest. As many of you read over at RD, I had to put my eldest cat down last night - a very hard thing I'm still not over. It was great to read these captions and I was happy to have a reason to smile.

There were SO many good ones, I've actually picked two winners (both will receive copies of the book). They are:

"That short little man you sleep with? He's got to go. He burps and farts and takes my spot on the bed. You've got until Tuesday." Laine Morgan

(For the record, Sam would like everyone to know he really loves his daddy, even though everything the nice lady said is true.)

"This IS my happy face" Babe King

(Sam thinks expressing himself is NOT a top priority. After all, there is so much more that goes on in a cat's life...)

Congrats! Laine and Babe, email me with your mailing addresses so I can get your books out to you! And thanks to everyone who made me smile. I think I'll do this again next week!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 AM

    Congrats to Laine and Babe!

    (((Kristen))) I'm so sorry for your loss :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how you picked a winner, Kristen. They were all so good. Thanks for the fun contest.
    Congrats to Laine and Babe.
    Hope you get through this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Those were perfect! Congrats to the winners!

    ((Hugs)) Kristen about your kitty.
    Brandy just had to do the same for one of her kitties too. Never ever easy ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW! I really feel for you. I've had to go through something very similar this spring. Lost my ever faithful dog of 10 years. She had a stroke and we had to put her down. I still feel so stupid when I yell at my other dog and call her by the wrong name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Laine and Babe! Those are awesome captions. Great contest, Kristen!

    I'm so sorry about your kitty. I know what you're going through having recently gone through a similar loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, so sorry to hear about your baby, Kristen. (((HUGS)))

    Congrats to the two winners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your loss, Kristen. Losing a loved one is never easy.

    There were some awesome captions. Congrats to Laine and Babe!

    ReplyDelete