Tuesday, February 01, 2011

I woke up hungry

I woke up hungry and thinking about food, a sure sign that while my head knows it's time to get back on the diet, my body is rebelling.

I'll be honest and tell you that my appetite is frighteningly large. My capacity for food outdoes some men. I fight it, but it's always there.

But I've eaten like a death row prisoner having their last meal for long enough. Today I must return to eating healthy and getting some exercise. (Not to rub it in for those of you in other parts of the country, but the weather here is gorgeous and I plan to head out for a spin on my new bike later.)

With that in mind, I'm off to the store to fill my fridge with fruits and veggies. Conference season is fast approaching and besides being healthy, I'd like to fit into my clothes.

Are you dieting? Exercising? What approach are you using?

5 comments:

  1. Ugh. I'm trying to whip myself back into shape. Down 20 lbs after baby, but I have another (insert scary number here) to get to my Pre-baby weight. Which I wasn't all that excited about either.
    Exercise and Weight Watchers for me!

    6 mo until Natls. The countdown is on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to do both, but getting back at it after the end of last year is going slow. Bleh. The approach I'm using is the same as last year when I dropped 17 lbs - burn more calories than I eat. (Too bad I fell off the wagon and gained 6 of those lbs back.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exercise and portion control. I've been using the MyNetDiary app on my iphone and it's so good, makes it really easy to keep up with what I've eaten. Which is SIGNIFICANTLY less than what I WANT to eat!! I'm not an emotional eater, never had an eating disorder, I just love food. Sigh. I'm hongree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To help me with the new WW plan, I've loaded a platter with fresh fruits and placed it at eye-level in the 'fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:37 PM

    WW for me. Started mid-January 2010 and on my first anniversary I'm down 40 lbs. I'm hoping for 20 more lbs down by Nationals. If so, I'll be at my wedding weight. So anything after that will truly be a new me for my DH.

    ReplyDelete