Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Deep Thoughts

Just a few random things:


* Recently found a new artist (new to me), Eddi Reader. She's got kind of a Celtic, folksy sound. Very easy to listen to. Check out my myspace page to hear one of her songs, Bell, Book and Candle. If you go and listen to it, I'd love to hear what you think. Oh and friend me while you're there, if you haven't already.

* I've decided that great books, keeper books, shall now be referred to as a DMV. Delicious Mind Vacation. Feel free to use that. (Ex. C.L. Wilson's Lord of the Fading Lands - definite DMV, the recently read Peeps by Scott Westerfeld, not so much.)


* Blog and ye shall receive. I am ECSTATIC to tell you that there is an ARC of C. L. Wilson's Lady of Light and Shadows on its way to me. Sometimes, it pays to express one's self. I'm also thrilled to tell you that C.L. Wilson will be our Author of the Month at Romance Divas this coming October! Woohoo!


* Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'm going to see Annie tomorrow! Myself, Lara Santiago, my sis-in-law and the niece are off for a girl's night of the Cheesecake Factory and Annie. Can't wait! It's a hard knock life, but somebody's got to live it.

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy Annie. I'm sure you guys will have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Woo Hoo on the ARC, Kristen! Hehehe on DMV (Delicious Mind Vacation) }:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta tell you Annie sounds like torture, but have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, CL is going to be an author of the Month!!!! *bounce*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time!

    I actually heard of Eddi Reader a while ago. EONS ago,actually, when I used to watch General Hospital. They would play one of her songs whenever my two favorite characters would meet. So I looked it up. That song was on the Batman Forever Soundtrack. So guess who bought it? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, the Cheesecake Factory.

    And I liked that song on your myspace. A lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun! That's definitely my idea of a good night out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete