Thursday, June 19, 2008

Me, Contemplating Death

Here's me, Hotrod (behind me), Hotrod's brother and next to me, Hotrod's sister's hubby. We're about to face certain death on a roller coaster called Stormrider at Hershey Park. It blasts you off from 0 to 72 miles an hour in 2 seconds. This pic was snapped about .5 seconds into that.

I don't look like I was having fun, but I was. Actually, I think I was trying to figure out if I should have cotton candy or a turkey leg next. That roller coaster was one of the fastest I've ever ridden. There was literally no time to think about what was happening until it was over. That's also when you took your next breath. Seriously. Fast. (It also left bruises on me. I'm not kidding. It was fast and mercilessly bumpy.)

What's the best coaster you've ever ridden?

4 comments:

  1. Years ago I was on a big wooden rollercoaster that, after you went through the whole ride, ran it backwards. Scared the crap out of me. My rollercoaster days are over, but I love watching others ride them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Love it! I Love the Super Man at six flags where your feet hang off and it's like you're flying. I was actually talked into staying on for a second ride with my son. Crazy right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is Aerosmith's Rockin' Roller Coaster at Disney Studios in Orlando.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been on a roller coaster since the late 80's, but the best one back then was something called the Blue Streak at Cedar Point in Ohio. It was the place to be and the ride to ride when I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete