Monday, March 02, 2009

Monday Quickie

This is a quickie, because starting Thursday afternoon, Hotrod's family descends upon us for at least four nights, which means all the guest rooms have to be cleaned (not that they're dirty, but you know, dusted, vacuumed, cat toys removed...), food for their stay has to be planned, all that stuff. My writing time basically disappears on Thursday as well, because I'll probably save the cleaning until that morning. Any sooner and the cats try to erase my efforts.

Also, this is a quick post because I'm about to get on the elliptical. I'm down about 17 pounds from the end of Dec and finally getting back into working out in a dedicated way. Today I'm trying to get it out of the way early so I can spend the rest of the day writing.

What are you doing today?

9 comments:

  1. I'm going to my office today - while everyone else stays home because of the snow. When I get home, it's editing, editing, editing.

    I don't feel too bad because in between loads of laundry yesterday, I wrote for three hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying not to flip out on anyone today. Other then the Big Guy, who I already flipped out on.
    That will be my goal. Not flip out on anyone else.
    I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Great job with the exercise. My gym is supposed to open within the week and I can't wait to get started.
    Have fun with your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Rocking. My kids are home today. Snow day. So it's whatever comes comes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. writing, writing, writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for exercising! I'm taking care of my hideous roots this afternoon, then settling down to write. With a pot of black bean soup bubbling away on the stove!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, congrats on the 17 lbs!! Right now, I'm heading to Publix. I have a strong need to make some chili, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My morning started off w/ a child puking in his bed so needless to say lots of laundry and taking care of TWO sick kids. Hope to fit in a bit of writing somewhere in there.

    And good for you on exercising! I have recently started cutting down portions of meals and getting rid of all temptation in the house. Taking it one step at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monday Funday. I'm employed for at least one more week so I'm trudging through the workday. Then I have 30 pages to edit, a synopsis to write, and a newsletter to finish. Yay!

    ReplyDelete