Friday, November 20, 2009

Just saying

After this statement by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers about the Harlequin debacle, I will be joining today. I was a little unsure whether I should or not, after all, how many writer's organizations can one person belong to? But they stepped up in a big way and I heartily approve.

This part especially:

SFWA does not believe that changing the name of the imprint, or in some other way attempting to disguise the relationship to Harlequin, changes the intention, and calls on Harlequin to do the right thing by immediately discontinuing this imprint and returning to doing business as an advance and royalty paying publisher.

Genius. Bravo!

5 comments:

  1. I saw that statement and thought it was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way they and a lot of others took a solid stance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:28 PM

    Yep, that's an excellent point. It seemed obvious they should step back from it, but I agree that's just a cover-up to just not mention it or pretend to not be involved. Their intention is clear and they should just surrender that intention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:30 PM

    I am especially proud of the way SFWA took a stance and worded their statement. Good for them and all their members!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed a lot in the last week, and I'm still confused about this. Will have to go look some things up.

    ReplyDelete