Friday, February 17, 2006

Five Guilty Pleasures

Sela tagged me.

Five Guilty Pleasures

1. Cooking. Is that weird? I love to cook. It relaxes me, makes me happy. And I really enjoy feeding other people. Guess that's part of my Italian side. The only problem with cooking is it leads to eating.

2. Catalogs. I adore catalogs - clothing, jewelry, household goods, food products, seed and plant -- you name the product and I probably get a catalog for it. I love the pictures, the descriptions, the possibilities...and the ability to walk away without actually buying anything.

3. Odd Research Books. Books can't be considered a guilty pleasure since they're part of writing. But I do enjoy picking up odd research books, even if they're on a subject I may never write about. Expecially books on weird things in history or unexplained events or civilizations that no longer exist. The mind rejoices!

4. Shoes. Do I really have to explain this one? Shoes are man's most amazing invention. I mean, think about it - how did people get to places before the wheel? In their SHOES! And although I don't need any more shoes, I keep buying them. Some of them are too beautiful to pass up. I have shoes in my closet right now that I haven't even worn but I like looking at them -- the lines, the colors, the curve of the heel, the slope of the instep. Marvelous things.

5. Sleep. Sleeping is one of my most favorite things to do. And I love a good nap. Too bad sleeping isn't a profession. I'd probably be the most highly paid individual in my field I'm so good at it. You know what's best of all? A nap outside on a balmy day. I've done some of my best sleeping on vacation in Maui and out by my pool. Hmm. I feel a nap coming on right now...

But first, let me tag Jax, Bonnie and Diana.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen,
    Long time no comment (sorry busy unpacking...still!)

    I have to admit we share a couple of the same pleasures. I too can not pass up a good shoe sale, I actually give them names and refer to them in the first person! (opps that's a secret! shhh) And catalogs, boy o boy those are yummy! I agree it's like guilt free shopping for the eyes! My favorite, jewelry of course! I could do without the cooking...not my thing, but old books...yep mine too!

    Hey and don't worry I can still design you some yummy jewelry, it's just going to take a little plane ride to get to you!

    Later,
    BecK

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, everything except the shoes is so me.. no wonder we are friends! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Oh! #3 is mine! I dearly adore odd research books! I can become totally lost in those. Especially ones on the paranormal or faerie lore...

    Hey, thanks for commenting on my erotica questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:12 AM

    Mine could have all been food choices ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you were part Italian. me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - Actually I'm Italian on both sides of my family. Sicilian on my Dad's side and a mix of Nothern on my Mom's (with a smidge of Greek, Welsh and German thrown in for good measure).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You know, I just bought a book on the history of Nova Scotia. Just cause. It was there, all alone on the shelf weeping to be taken home and comforted by being along side other books. So I did.

    And the shoe thang? Like that needs any explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked up the Greek right away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You picked up on the Greek? Really? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete