Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Adopt A Soldier While I'm Gone!

Author Mary Stella blogged about this site recently and I decided to adopt a soldier for my own. As many of you know, Hotrod (the DH) is retired Air Force. I have a soft spot for those who wear a uniform in the defense of this nation.

http://www.soldiersangels.org/

To make it interesting, anyone who adopts a soldier and posts in the comments here that they did, will be entered in a drawing for a package of books and other goodies from Nationals. I'll pick a winner at random from the posters when I return (I leave today).

As Martha would say, it's a good thing!

PS. Feel free to donate to my 3 Day Walk while I'm gone, too. Hey, if I'm going to walk 60 miles in 3 days, the least you could do is through a few bucks towards it, don't you think? :o)

4 comments:

  1. Kristen, this is an awesome idea! I adopted a soldier today. And since I work on an Air Force Base, I told some of my co-workers about it, and they all did too!
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at nationals and good luck on your walk!

    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm reading Mysteria too! Gena is making my laugh my rear off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:30 PM

    Dear my favorite blonde,

    Random, random, random....

    So I keep having these dreams about you. *sighs* I don't know what they mean, but after about ten minutes searching the web for your maiden name (no, not burnoir), I find your blog. Swell!

    How the h-e-double-toothpick am I going to explain that I am not a stalker but the girl you danced on bus benches with when you were 15?

    hurleyesque at yahoo dot net

    use it!

    (I will tell you all about my prince charming and living happily ever after....)

    b
    ps-maybe I keep dreaming about you because I got an email from Deon. But that makes NO sense
    alf

    ReplyDelete