Monday, February 18, 2008

Books You Should Read

Okay, I just finished Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr and it was fantastic. I think even a little better than her first book, Wicked Lovely. (This is a complete aside, but both covers are phenomenal.) It starts out a little slow, but that soon fades away as the story unfolds.

Yes, it's YA, but I don't think any adult could read this and not be satisfied. It's rich and magical and full of emotion (oddly enough - read it and you'll understand why this is odd). At times, the phrasing will make you green with envy that you didn't write it yourself.

And it's definitely one of those books that leaves you eager for the next. I'm pretty sure there's a third book in the works, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Do yourself a favor and pick this up, even if you don't normally read YA. If you're writing paranormal or urban fantasy, you'll enjoy this. It's dark without being oppressive and completely entertaining.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. It sounds wonderful. Puting it on the ever growing TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's on my to buy list:)
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I occasionally did ready YA, and this sounds interesting I may just add this to my readying list.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read YA and enjoyed it. And I'm always asked for recommendations for YA books. I'll put this on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just as a little FYI, they have contracted the next three in the series, those which will come after INK - so for anyone looking to fall in love with a series, this is a great one to jump into!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *blush* Thank you for the sweet words. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    M.

    (Followed the note left in my blog to read this.)

    ReplyDelete