Friday, February 22, 2008

Busy, Busy Day

Today, I'm off to the airport to pick up our chapter's guest speaker, author Cindy Miles. She's giving us a talk on Saturday on how to pimp your manuscript. Should be fun. What will be even more fun is the fondue party we're throwing in her honor this evening! Cheese, chocolate and a bunch of crazy writers. You know you're jealous.

But before all that frivolity, I've got to deliver the first chapter of my new, fabulous, high concept YA, The Wilding, to my agent to see if she thinks it's as fabulous and high concept as I do.

I've also got to go to the post office. Not so fabulous. Can you believe stamps are going up again? Email is great, but you can't email a package. Someone really needs to invent a transporter beam for this stuff.

What's on your Friday To Do list?

8 comments:

  1. good luck with your 1st chp. I'm sure it's as hot as you are, my dahling.

    I am cleaning today. We're having guests over tonight and tomorrow night and my house looks like it belongs on Fraternity Row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know more about your RWA chapter, since I'm practically your neighbor now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the 1st Chapter is a hit. good luck.
    The party sounds fantastic! Have fun and report to all us homebodies.

    I woke up with the flu so I'm in for the day. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous. Sounds like you're going to have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get past the fondue. I want to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your chapter, Kristen. I've just sent first slightly bigger chunk of something entirely new for me to my agent, too. Whole other genre for me. Very nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore THE WILDING as a title. Good stuff. I need to finish the first chapter of my new romantic comedy; pray that I can manage to be a little bit funny!

    ReplyDelete