Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Thanks and Yum!

Thank you for all the feel better wishes! I'm much better today - I'm sure having my mom here has helped too. Although, I think watching the premiere of Hell's Kitchen last night may have contributed to my general feeling of well being. Gordon Ramsay rocks.

As usual, he starts the show off with having the chefs cook their signature dish. That got me thinking (especially since I believe I could outcook most of the contestants on this season's show) - what would my signature dish be? I cook a lot of things well, but my signature dish? Hmm. That's a tough one. Maybe a Thai-spiced filet mignon thinly sliced over a chopped salad of marinated vegetables and a side of cold rice noodles with peanut dressing. I'm kind of in a summer mood where cool or room temp dishes sound good right now.

What would your signature dish be?

7 comments:

  1. I watched it last night too! Gordon Ramsey DOES rock! He cracks me up (and scares me a little) LOL!

    I don't have a signature dish. Yet. Considering I like to cook, I should have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, he's cute.

    I'll have to think of what my signature dish is. The kids say my lasagna (I make it with bechamel) or my pasta fagoli (with pancetta, homemade croutons and stink cheese).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be a tie between fettuccini alfredo, chicken in wine sauce, or Rissotto Milanese (rice with wine and saffron). Okay, now I'm starving. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more a Top Chef gal. I don't know if I have a signature dish, but my best dishes are probably my loaded lasagna, my stuffed chicken breasts, my cheesecakes, and my walnut graham cake.

    Ack. I thought I was hungry before. Must eat NOW. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough one, Kristen. Maybe Spicy penne with shirmp, lobster and sun dried tomates is a light cream sauce, but that just could be what I want to eat right now. Tomorrow it would be something else like crab cakes.

    I blogged about Gordon too. He is so wild. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumsies.

    I think my signature dish would be broiled salmon with a mustard garlic topping, mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus tips and an asparagus cream sauce. Mmmm...

    Loves me some Gordon. = )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, grilled swordfish with aubergine, red peppers and spinach.

    In an ideal world. :)

    ReplyDelete