Monday, July 27, 2009

Back to the grind

My family has left, my bags are (finally) unpacked from RWA Nationals and the week is fresh and new and ripe with possibility.

I have big plans.

This week I'm going to finish the short story I've been laboring over AND I'm going to get back to some kind of regular exercise.

Because starting August 1st, I'm going into heavy duty writer mode. I have the whole month mapped out with daily page goals but my personal goal is to beat my monthly page goal by hopefully 10 pages. (And lose 10 pounds.) I've got contracts and deadlines now so it's high time I started acting (and writing) like A Real Writer.

If you don't see me around the internets quite so much, you'll know why.

11 comments:

  1. Best wishes on all of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do the same.
    Summer has been a little nuts for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm cheering you on. (And trying to drop that ten pounds with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! This week is all about cleaning up loose ends and then come August 1st I also planned on putting the nose to the grindstone.

    I'm impressed you mapped out the entire month! So ambitious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So exciting. Doesn't your book with Samhain come out soon? I'll be watching for that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. Starting next week I will back in writer mode too!

    Get writing....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously. It's time to go deep. Later, gator!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Augustus - BIG THINGS from you!!
    as Elvis said - a little less conversation a little more action up in here.
    Actually, I don't know of Elvis said Up in here, but I'm sure it was implied.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck. Goals are good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Can't stop laughing at that cat picture. Seriously. Did you talk about goals, too? Didn't register. Too busy laughing at cat writer depression.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so very excited for you! You have a lot to do I'm sure but it will be amazing! Thanks always for encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete