Monday, July 06, 2009

Eat at Jimmie's

That's what we're doing this morning. And by we, I mean my mom, dad and brother who just got a wild hair and decided to drive down from Maryland on Friday. Hotrod will be headed off to work like a good worker bee.

Jimmie's is sort of a legendary spot around here, especially for breakfast. I've taken my parents there, but not my brother, so today I'll be fattening them up then taking them to Lowes for some home improvement type purchases. Both my dad and brother are home builders, so whenever they come down, I have chores for them. What? That's what family is for.

I'll take pictures of the massive breakfast and report back tomorrow. (You can actually friend Jimmies on Myspace. lol) What are you doing today?

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy breakfast with the family! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice! I love little hot spot kind of places to eat, which is one of the reasons I love that show on the Food Network "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives". LOL!

    My brother is handy too. I'm always asking him to look at different things in my house when he's over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great breakfast with the family. =o)

    I'll be unclogging a drain today, and then assessing the basement leak after last night torrential rain. If I'm still functioning after dealing with those, I got a great new idea I'd like to start writing today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you with the home help. :-) HOpe you all have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure there's much celebration going on in the Painter household and the 'rents just wanted to share in the fun. Does Jimmie's serve champagne?
    If your dad and brother finish up the chores at your house and still need something to do, send them on over. :)
    It's a writing day for me, although the dh would appreciate it if I did laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice they decided to come on down and visit with you:) Sounds like a good day is planned. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good breakfast joint where they fatten you up with no regard to 'healthy' foods. and you can justify it by eating salad the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Jimmies, but anything having to do with food..count me in. Im getting a late start this morning- always hate it when I get up late, another day of work!! :)

    ReplyDelete