Friday, July 31, 2009

Featured Film Friday

I am a huge lover of vampire movies. There aren't many I haven't seen, so when a new one (new to me anyway) comes along, I devour it pretty quickly. Pun intended.

I recently got to see a new one called Let The Right One In. It's Swedish and yes, it has subtitles, but there's not much dialogue, so don't let that stop you. It's violent and romantic and sweet. It's Twilight without the sparkles and angsty teenagers (the MCs are 12 years old, more or less). I adored it. If you're a Netflix member, you can watch it right on your computer.

Here's the trailer. Tell me what you think! Especially if you've already seen it. And feel free to recommend any vamp movies you think I might not have seen.

6 comments:

  1. My friend sent me this link awhile back and I thought it looked really, really good. I've never seen anything with kid vampires (besides a few older movies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't seen this. But I remember hearing about it. Must rent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You convinced me. I'm adding it to my queue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen it either but it looks good! I have Netflix I'm definitely going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've probably seen every vampire movie I could suggest. I remember watching a lot of the old ones starring Christopher Lee and... oh, who's the other guy? Anyway, that was too long ago for me to remember any of the titles, or even if they were any good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this but I have seen a great many vampire movies including Twighlight.

    Janice~

    ReplyDelete