Monday, October 05, 2009

I think I just read the best romcom book ever.

Instead of working on my edits Sunday afternoon after church like I was supposed to, I read. Because I had no choice. See, I started reading Too Good To Be True by Kristan Higgins and well, there was no putting it down. I mean, my beloved Cowboys played and I barely watched them. (Not that that game was worth watching, btw. C'mon, Romo, get it together or I may burn your jersey in effigy.)

It's rare a book makes me laugh out loud. I'm a tough audience, because while I frequently crack myself up (and let's be honest, everyone around me), others don't do it quite so often. This book however had some scenes that were gems. The seven stolen spoons? That one is priceless.

I sent to HQ to buy the digital backlist of Ms. Higgins (HQN), but they were sold out of Fools Rush In. Um, how do you sell out of an ebook? Harlequin, get with it. You lost a sale because of that nonsense.

Anyway, I can't recommend this book enough. The writing, the characters, the voice. It's a perfect 10. Do yourself a favor and buy it if you haven't read it yet. You won't be disappointed.

12 comments:

  1. I just read this book about a month ago and I loved it! I'm definitely a fan of Kristans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to read this book. Your tweet on it yesterday has me looking her up. It sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I have this in my TBR pile, I'll pick it up next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recommendation! Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:29 AM

    She's is WONDERFUL. I've not read this one yet. To BAM today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Too Good to be True, but I read Catch of the Day and loved it. I have the rest of her titles on my TBR list. Kristan's got a fantastic voice. Great humor, great storytelling. I hope to find time soon to read the rest of her backlist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book has been sitting on the pile by my bed for months. I love the cover! Makes me want to write a dog into my next book. Oh, wait...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read that about a month ago. I agree, it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll try to remember her name. I love books that make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I met Kristan at the NJRW conference a few years ago when her first book was just coming out. She's really nice and fun.
    You have to read Catch of the Day. It won the RITA a while back. I laughed, I cried, I fell in the love with the hero. Nuff said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your post on twitter about the ebook being sold out. Ridiculous ;) I haven't read this author yet but you've convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love comedy romance so I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the heads up.

    I don't understand either, however, how a company runs out of ebooks???

    ReplyDelete