Monday, August 17, 2009

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

The cover for my September 1st Samhain book, ALL FIRED UP, won the Thorn award for best cover in last week's cover clash over at Embrace The Shadows! Pretty cool for a book that hasn't even been released yet, don't you think? Although if you look at the award, it kind of matches my book cover. lol

Today is a busy day for me - this afternoon I'm getting photographs take for my official author picture. I'm hoping for something a little less perky and a little more "urban fantasy vampire books authors." After all, my photo now doesn't really say urban fantasy so much as it says suburban housewife. Yeah.

And of course, when I get home from that, I'll be writing like a good little author with a deadline.

What are you doing today?

11 comments:

  1. Congrats! Have fun taking photos. today I'm trying to beat the heat. It's going to be a scorcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about your photo. You look pretty and perky, but not urban. Heehee. Have fun with the photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with perky? LOL

    I'm looking over my editorial notes from Avalon today. I might even start them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congrats!!! Go vamp up, can't wait to order your book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your picture but good luck with your new one. Can't wait to see the finished product! Today I'm simply writing. For now my edits are done and I'm digging into a new story :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the win. I'm sure your picture will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, congrats! How exciting. And good luck with your pictures; that sounds like lots of fun. :)

    I'm hoping to get into my WIP, good and deep, today. If I can keep my excited-about-school-starting kids occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loke your picture you have now! But it is so much funn to get new ones. I plan to send out a synopisis or two this week. Congrats on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on winning the Cover Clash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't picture it... In my mind you look halloweeny goth. still foxy though. Anyway- can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kristen. I chose you for the Superior Scribbler Award. Didn't know how else to contact you. Go to my blog for details, http://cc-chronicles.blogspot.com/2009/08/superior-scribbler-award.html

    Chris

    ReplyDelete