Monday, October 02, 2006

Monday Move

There's not a writer among us who doesn't get tired of sitting. You shift and twist, your butt falls asleep, your back aches. The fidgeting doesn't stop. I am the poster child for this but I know I'm not alone.

Here's a move to give you a boost:

While sitting, raise your arms over your head and put a hand on each elbow. Then breath in so you inflate and lift your chest. Keep your spine tall and lean back until your shoulder blade area touches the back of the chair. Stay here for a few breaths. When you relax, you should feel ready to tackle a few more pages.

5 comments:

  1. Good idea. But I would just like a real chair. Mine is a spine killer built more for looks than comfort.
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only we could float in the air as we wrote our masterpieces...
    Thanks for the tip.
    Don't you think the breathing tip would be even better if Vin Diesel were standing next to you to ensure you were breathing right and that your arms were in the correct place? hee hee
    I've relaxed. I've stretched. I've sent Vin to entertain my internal editor.
    I'm ready to get back to work.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I'm so out of shape from sitting on my butt all day. How many calories will this burn me :) Ah well. It still sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. That feels so good.

    Okay, I'm going to try the stretch now.

    Lil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, no Lara. If Vin was there this wouldn't work. I'd forget to breathe. :-)

    ReplyDelete