Thursday, March 15, 2007

You've Just Won The Nigerian Lottery!

Woohoo! Thanks to a very interesting piece of email this morning, it seems I am about to become too wealthy to continue blogging. I'll be spending my days soaking up the sun and indulging in frozen grape foot massages instead. And all thanks to the people of Nigeria who have apparently chosen me as the winner of their lottery!

I'd like to thank all the little people who made this possible.

Of course, I know you're all going to come begging for funds to support some sick relative or some such nonsense. If you really want some of this loot, you'd better come up with something better than grandma's got the tsetse fly sleeping sickness.

Now, if you'll excuse me, the elephant I ordered is here and I must go sign.

7 comments:

  1. Kristen,

    Join the club.

    I won't insult your intelligence by pointing out to you that this is almost certainly a scam that's been going down in the UK for about 5 years.

    So far I've won the Nigerian Lottery about 20 times and I've inherited billions of dollars from my Nigerian relatives (which is quite remarkable under the circumstances).

    I assume they'd like a few details from you ? You bank account information for example ?

    Don't give up the day job.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, Merlin...did you happen to notice this was posted under the label "Nonsense"?

    I'm wise to the deal, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you are! The Nigerian lottery AND an elephant. You'll no longer need to write - you'll be living the adventure. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have frozen grape feet? Good lord, woman, if I'd known that I would have been beating down your door weeks ago.

    I love frozen grape feet; it's a very personal thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, I won that. Give me my elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh, so you'll be buying a lot of peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still like your frozen grape feet. XO!

    ReplyDelete