Thursday, March 30, 2006

Dreams Of What's To Come

It's official. The dreams have begun. What dreams you ask? Dreams about Date With The Devil. This is what happens when I write - my characters fill my head so much that they show up in my dreams. Well, let me be honest. My hero shows up in my dreams. My heroine not so much. :o)

Calderon, as my hero is currently known, was rather poorly behaved in my dream. But I guess you can only expect a certain amount of civility from a werewolf. *wink*

Do you dream about your books? What do you dream? Just the hero? Or does the heroine show up too?

5 comments:

  1. I did once with my last book, but my WIP has yet to enter my dreams. I'm still waiting for it to grow on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm... Well, when I work on the current WIP, which hasn't been much lately because I'm distracted, I dream about ghosts, and the ghosts aren't very nice. And, yes, this current WIP is about ghosts.

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally had my first dream about one of my heroes. Maybe because I connected to him more than any other I'd ever written. Gawd the man is gorgeous. Really really gorgeous. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry but my dreams are too weird to put in a book. *lol* However, I do have visions of scenes. I've been known to zone out while I'm driving. Suddenly I get this vision of a scene, which keeps replaying over and over adding more as it does. That's why I started carrying a microtape recorder in the car. I have another at home which I take with me when I bath. Something about the water makes me very productive sometimes. *lol* If I'm shopping or elsewhere, I carry my PDA and its foldable keyboard.

    The only time you could say I'd "dream" about the story is during the NaNo Challenge. I go to nap usually thinking about the story I'm writing, mostly a specific scene, and something comes up while I nap. But that's as far as I've come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dream about my stories all the time. Usually, I'm one of the characters. It helps me see things differently. I may not use the dream exactly, but it does give me another perspective on the story.

    I daydream about my stories alot. If there was a country for daydreamers, I'd be the High Priestess.

    ReplyDelete