Thursday, June 21, 2007

Some Things Don't Mix

I've been swimming laps lately and I really enjoy it. Not only am I actually using our pool, but swimming laps feels so much more productive than just floating. I still love floating, don't get me wrong, but I doubt floating burns many calories.

This way I get sun and work off breakfast. It's a win/win. Except for when there's an approaching thunderstorm complete with lightning strikes. (A fairly common occurance in this neck of Florida.) Such was the case yesterday. Not five minutes after I got out of the pool, a huge patch of black clouds rolled in and drenched everything. Plenty of lightning and thunder, too.

Now, my dad was struck by lightning when I was a child. Put him in the hospital for quite a stretch. I love my dad, but this is one area where I don't plan on following in his footsteps.

Would it help if I wore a rubber suit?

1 comment:

  1. Ingenious...I'm patenting a rubber swim suit to repel lightning.

    ReplyDelete