Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Huh?

This is what I feel like today. It's raining (been raining since around 4 PM yesterday afternoon) and gray and just altogether one of those icky days. Lara Santiago and I are supposed to do something today, like lunch, but I think I will have to use my powers of persuasion to lure her to my home instead. Then I won't have to go out. I could make a lovely basil Parmesan orzo for lunch. It's actually a super easy dish and so comforting on a day like this.
Of course, the real reason she and I are getting together is because I insisted she read C.L. Wilson's Lord of the Fading Lands and now she's completely jonesing for the sequel, Lady of Light and Shadows (which I managed to snag an ARC of). And with good reason. Lady may actually be better than the first book in this series - which is staggering, because LOTFL is an AMAZING book. Best of all, it's out now!
I got a signed copy of LOTFL when I was at the M&M conference. It's going on my keeper shelf. Where it belongs. Have you bought a copy yet? What are you waiting for? You will NOT be disappointed.

5 comments:

  1. LOL, that cat is perfect. I wish I could catch mine looking like that, but it's like she knows I have a camera in my hands.

    Haven't got Wilson's book yet. It's on my list, though. =oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my Sam. He was having a yucky day too. Well, that and the flash woke him up. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:48 AM

    The basil Parmesan orzo sounds delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a copy but Amazon is backordered and I CAN'T GET IT YET!!!!


    *Whimper*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have come over for Basil Parmesan orzo! I don't remember you mentioning that at all.
    I guess I need to start reading your blog earlier in the day. :)

    So...what are you doing tomorrow?
    Any lunch plans?
    Want to cook for me? :)
    L

    ReplyDelete