Friday, August 15, 2008

The Madness Continues

This is the song I'm currently obsessing over (I love blues):


I didn't think yesterday would be a good writing day, due to all that running around I had to do, but...I ended up with 5 solid pages AND one handwritten one that wouldn't get out of my head when I was trying to go to sleep. I finally sat up, grabbed the legal pad on my nightstand (for just that purpose) and sketched it out. Wow. I never do that! Usually, the only things I write on there are ideas, a random line, something I've forgotten to layer in, that sort of thing.

Five people have now read a portion of the opening of The Book. Comments range from "there's really nothing you can do to make your craft any better at this point" to a mad, mad comparison to JR Ward to begging for more. All good signs, don't you think?

Today's goal is 10 pages. Lofty, yes, but I'm at 72 and really need to push it if I'm going to hit 90.

What are you working on today?

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! You are really in the zone now. There is no stopping you. As for me, I'm up to the same old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I can't wait to read it someday!

    I'm painting my nails and trying to finish up the last few chapters of my wip today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang woman I'm impressed! I've been a little distracted lately with back to school preparations. I'm hoping to really get my groove on come Monday (back to school day!).

    Keep going - you are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang woman I'm impressed! I've been a little distracted lately with back to school preparations. I'm hoping to really get my groove on come Monday (back to school day!).

    Keep going - you are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great song. Thanks for posting.

    And excited for you that this new WIP is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That song is great....has anyone else done it? It sounds familiar. Congrats on the writing going so well, your recent updates are inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are AWESOME and I bow to your greatness. Keep on rockin.

    ReplyDelete